NEW HAVEN – A federal judge Monday dismissed the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s (NSSF) lawsuit against Governor Dannel Malloy, and other state officials, which challenged the legality of a state gun control law approved last April stemming from the Sandy Hook School shooting incident of December 14, 2012.
From left is Cody Foss of Newtown Youth Academy, Police Chief Michael Kehoe, First Selectman Pat Llodra, Interim School Superintendent Dr John Reed, and Newtown Congregational Church Senior Minister Matt Crebbin, during a press conference at Newtown Municipal Center. The December 3 event offered the opportunity for the leaders to respond to questions and offer information concerning the approaching first anniversary of 12/14.
Long before the first environmental contractors started reporting higher than expected levels of lead, asbestos, and PCBs in construction debris at Sandy Hook School, a panel of town officials and residents in a subsequent referendum had already endorsed razing and replacing the aging elementary school building.
First Selectman Pat Llodra has issued a brief announcement concerning the impending release of 911 calls related to the Sandy Hook School shootings on December 14, 2012. The announcement states that pursuant to action of the court on Monday, November 25, the recordings of will be released according to the following procedure:
Recordings being released will only include dispatches from Newtown Police Department.
Newtown Youth & Family Services (NYFS) is joining together with the town of Newtown, the school district, the interfaith community and municipal organizations in observance of the first anniversary of 12/14.
“Our community is choosing to remember and honor those who lost their lives in that awful tragedy in ways that are quiet, personal, and respectful – centered on themes of kindness and service to others,” First Selectman Pat Llodra said on her blog.
Beginning with the next application period, local seniors applying for town tax relief will likely be asked to sign an asset affidavit. The decision was made following a brief question-and-answer session with Tax Collector Carol Mahoney and Finance Director Robert Tait during the Board of Finance meeting November 25.
Nearly a year after Sandy Hook tragically lost one of its biggest commercial traffic generators with the closing of Sandy Hook School, property owners, economic development officials and members of the Sandy Hook Organization for Prosperity (SHOP) are about to launch a marketing initiative with hopes of bringing more shoppers and patrons back to the local village district.
HARTFORD — With a deadline fast approaching, a Connecticut task force charged with reviewing ways to balance victim privacy with the public’s right to know on Wednesday began discussing proposals offered by members, some hoping to reach a consensus on what to recommend to the General Assembly.
(AP) Newtown’s police department will review its response to last year’s shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, according to the police chief, who said a report released this week by the lead investigator showed his officers acted properly.
NEW BRITAIN (AP) — A Connecticut judge has ordered the release of the 911 recordings from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, but the tapes will not be immediately unsealed.
The state’s Freedom of Information Commission ruled in September that the recordings should be provided to The Associated Press, but State’s Attorney Stephen Sedensky III asked for a stay while he appeals that order.