State's Attorney's Statement On The Release of Additional Information On The Sandy Hook School ShootingsThursday, March 28, 2013
Stephen J. Sedensky III, State’s Attorney for the Judicial District of Danbury, today released the following statement concerning the December 14, 2012, tragedy at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
On the morning of December 14, 2012, Adam Lanza, the shooter, age 20, of 36 Yogananda St., Newtown, shot his mother, Nancy Lanza, age 52, in her bed with a .22 caliber rifle. There was no indication of a struggle.
- Thursday, March 28, 2013
DANBURY — Court officials this week disclosed information uncovered by the ongoing state police investigation into the December 14 shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School, in which a gunman on a shooting rampage killed 20 first-graders and six educators, before killing himself as police approached.
- Thursday, March 21, 2013
Police are investigating a string of incidents on or about March 12 in which someone apparently shot a firearm toward three local homes, damaging the properties.
There reportedly were no injuries in the incidents.
Police have acknowledged that “damage” occurred at a home on Berkshire Road and a home on Saw Mill Road. Police incident logs indicate that yet another incident occurred on Alpine Drive.
- Thursday, March 21, 2013
In its annual review of Police Chief Michael Kehoe’s job performance, the five-member Police Commission has given the chief generally high marks for his work during 2012.
Police Commission members endorsed the chief’s performance review for calendar 2012 in early December, before the December 14 shooting incident occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
- Wednesday, March 20, 2013
State police report that at about 6:30 am on March 14, while prisoner Jason James Desanzo, 23, of Plainville was being escorted from the high-security Garner Correctional Institution to a prisoner transport van, Desanzo spat on the chest of a 25-year-old male correction officer.
Desanzo was in the process of being transported to Bristol Superior Court for an appearance there, state police said.
State police arrested Desanzo on charges of assault on public safety personnel and failure to submit to fingerprinting.
- Tuesday, March 19, 2013
NEW HAVEN (AP) – The man who killed 26 people inside a Connecticut elementary school last year showed interest in other mass killings, people close to the investigation told The Associated Press.
The 20-year-old gunman, Adam Lanza, killed his mother at their home before killing 20 first-graders and six staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on December 14. He killed himself as police arrived.
- Thursday, March 14, 2013
Newtown residents paying attention to the comings and goings of local police responders have likely noticed that the familiar slate blue Ford Crown Victoria sedans are sharing the road with brand-new and more compact Chevrolet “black and white” cruisers.
- Monday, March 11, 2013
As time passes following the December 14 Sandy Hook School massacre of 20 children and six adults, town police officials are assessing the implications of the event in terms of future police staffing and the security levels that will be required at local schools.
They also are considering the prospect of police activity returning to normal, as adaptation to new conditions occurs.
The Police Commission and police command staff members discussed the many ramifications of the 12/14 incident at a March 5 session.
- Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The Board of Selectmen reviewed five options to provide increased security and safety at Newtown’s elementary schools, as well as providing options for local private schools that might want to consider being part of an overall community program tied to the local police department. Officials also met Anne Alzapiedi, a senior human resource leader at GE Capital and former municipal official, who will join two other GE Capital colleagues providing logistical and advisory support to the community in the wake of the 12/14 tragedy.
- Thursday, February 28, 2013
After learning that police held a warrant for his arrest, William Bruno, 43, of 1 Borough Lane turned himself over to police at the police station about 1 pm on February 26 and was charged with fourth-degree sexual assault and with risk of injury to a minor through illegal sexual contact, police said.
Police said they held Bruno on $100,000 bail for arraignment on February 27 at Danbury Superior Court.