- Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 8:47 am
SHELTON — When the curtain rises on Center Stage Theatre’s production of Man of La Mancha this weekend, it will be the fifth time in 15 years that Newtown’s Brett Boles, who will play Don Quixote, and Shelton’s Mia Scarpa, who will play Aldonza, have shared the stage together.
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 8:18 am
The Planning and Zoning Commission (P&Z) has postponed until next month what is expected to be the last installment of an ongoing public hearing on The Preserve at Newtown, a 23-lot residential subdivision proposed for a 167-acre site in Dodgingtown.
P&Z Chairman Robert Mulholland announced at a January 15 session that the public hearing will continue at the P&Z’s February 5 meeting.
“Unfortunately, KASL, LLC, will not be heard tonight,” Mr Mulholland said at the January 15 session.
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 8:15 am
NORWALK — A Newtown woman’s gingerbread lighthouse is the sixth place winner in the “Festival of Lighthouses Contest” at The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk.
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 2:08 pm
On an electronic weather map, the distance between Newtown and Norwich appears to be inches.
But residents on the opposite ends of Connecticut were measuring their differences in feet today, as Winter Storm Juno dealt eastern counties significantly higher snow totals than the most affected neighborhoods in Botsford, Sandy Hook or Dodgingtown.
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 9:45 am
In a brief press conference from the Capital this morning, Governor Dannel P. Malloy thanked residents for staying off the roads since a travel ban went into effect last night, and promptly lifted that restriction in western Connecticut.
The governor appeared relieved to report only 11 crashes had occurred with just one injury since 9 pm Monday evening.
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 9:00 am
Juno is still making its presence known, but Newtown does not look like it will be buried under 30 inches of snow.
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Sabrina’s Encore Productions, LLC will present its winter series of shows at Edmond Town Hall the weekend of Friday through Sunday, January 30-February 1.
Youth of Newtown and surrounding towns including Easton, Trumbull, Bethel and Ridgefield will present the shows. Three separate casts will bring to life Disney’s Cinderella Kids, Saturday at 1 pm and Sunday at 2 pm; Fame Jr, Saturday at 4 pm and Sunday at 5 pm; and Company, A Musical Comedy, Friday and Saturday at 8 pm.
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015
HARTFORD — The sixth season of the Connecticut Public Television (CPTV) series All Things Connecticut has been running since January 8, and the next episode should offer Newtown and Sandy Hook residents a very familiar location.
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015Residents woke This morning to far less snow than originally forecasted for Tuesday, January 27. With just half a foot of powdery snowfall clinging to windowsills and mounded on rooftops across town, precipitation fell until roughly noon on Tuesday. The prior night's blizzard conditions were downgraded to a winter storm advisory by morning, and the travel ban, which Governor Dannel P.