- Friday, September 27, 2013
HARTFORD (AP) — The state’s Freedom of Information Commission on Wednesday ordered the release of the 911 tapes from last year’s shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, ruling in favor of an appeal by The Associated Press for access to records withheld by investigators.
The recordings will not be made available immediately. The prosecutor leading the investigation of the massacre, Danbury State’s Attorney Stephen Sedensky III, said the commission’s decision will be appealed in Connecticut’s courts.
- Thursday, September 5, 2013
HARTFORD — An attorney with Connecticut’s Freedom of Information Commission has recommended the release of 911 recordings from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting on December 14, 2012, siding with The Associated Press in a dispute over records withheld by investigators.
The full, nine-member commission is to hold a September 25 hearing before issuing its final decision on whether the recordings should be handed over to the AP.
- Monday, June 3, 2013
HARTFORD (AP) — Connecticut's Freedom of Information Commission has ordered Newtown officials to provide the commission with 911 calls from the day of the shooting inside Sandy Hook Elementary School as it considers a request by The Associated Press.
A hearing officer, Kathleen Ross, asked Monday for the town to provide her the copies within two weeks. She said she commission would weigh objections raised by investigators as it evaluates whether the material should be released publicly.