Home

Anita Cavanaugh Olayos

  • Cleat From Final Liberty Pole Finds Its Way Back To Newtown

    On February 12, 1950, the 100-foot-tall flagpole that currently stands in the center of Main Street was formally dedicated. It replaced three previous wooden flag poles, then called Liberty Poles, and it was welcomed with pomp, circumstance, as an American flag was raised on it for the first time, and even a parade of local officials, clergy and scouts.