- Monday, May 4, 2015 at 11:23 am
Firefighters continued to pour water on the collapsed house at 4 Aunt Park Lane more than an hour after arriving on the scene Monday morning. A stubborn fire, fueled by compressed gas within two large propane tanks close to the dwelling, destroyed the Cape-style house. All four occupants were able to escape without injury.
- Friday, April 24, 2015 at 10:30 am
Firefighters arrived at 101 Castle Hill Road at about 6 pm on Thursday, April 23, encountered intense flames shooting out of upper-story windows. Hook & Ladder Fire Chief Ray Corbo said it took approximately 20 minutes to knock the fire down.
- Friday, September 5, 2014
Fire officials this week were continuing their probe into the cause of a September 2 Alpine Circle house fire that heavily damaged a two-story Colonial-style home on that road in the Riverside section of Sandy Hook, near Lake Zoar.
There were no injuries in the blaze at the Rebecco residence at 40 Alpine Circle where three adults live, said Sandy Hook Volunteer Fire & Rescue Company Chief Bill Halstead.
- Thursday, May 29, 2014
Amid a late spring thunderstorm on the evening of Friday, May 23, firefighters from three local volunteer fire companies responded to a report of a house fire caused by a lightning strike on Jeremiah Road in Sandy Hook.
Sandy Hook, Botsford, and Hook & Ladder firefighters responded to the incident at 5:55 pm at 27 Jeremiah Road, on the corner of Jeremiah Road and Fox Hollow Lane. There were no injuries.
- Friday, January 31, 2014
Fire Marshal Bill Halstead noted this week that during the past year, malfunctioning clothes dryers have caused three structure fires in town.
Most recently, on January 2, a malfunctioning clothes dryer caused a house fire on Thunder Ridge Road in Sandy Hook that resulted in approximately $500,000 in property damage.
- Sunday, December 8, 2013
Hook & Ladder Assistant Chief and incident commander Jason Rivera is crediting three local police officers for "putting their lives on the line," by rushing into a burning home early Sunday and rescuing two occupants who were overcome by smoke and carbon monoxide fumes.