Eversource Webinars To Provide Information On Solutions For Customers’ Energy Bills
BERLIN, Conn. — Eversource is encouraging customers who are having difficulty paying their utility bills to participate in one of two online webinars to learn about solutions available to help. The webinars will include information about protection from service disconnection, programs to reduce unpaid balances with affordable monthly payments, extended payment plans and no-cost energy efficiency programs to lower energy bills. The webinars will be held Wednesday, February 24, at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Advanced registration is required, customers can sign up to attend either session at Eversource.com/BillHelp.
“We understand the pandemic has financially impacted many of our customers and we want them to take advantage of the programs available to help them with their energy bill,” said Eversource Vice President of Customer Operations Jess Cain. “Customers who’ve never needed assistance previously may not realize they qualify for protection from service disconnection and may also be eligible for other programs to reduce past due balances. We’re holding these online webinars to provide customers with the information they need to determine which of our flexible payment plans or special programs would be most helpful to them.”
Company representatives will outline the following programs during the webinars:
Matching Payment Program
• Income-eligible residential customers who heat their home with electricity or natural gas can get help paying their energy bill. Customers can set up an affordable monthly payment arrangement with Eversource — with monthly payments as low as $50 for customers receiving certain government benefits. Apply for the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) through a local Community Action Agency. Pay the agreed upon monthly payment each month and qualify to receive CEAP and receive a dollar for dollar credit on your account, down to a zero balance.
New Start Program
• Income-eligible, electric customers can reduce or eliminate their outstanding balance in as little as 12 months when they make on-time monthly payments and Eversource will make up the difference.
COVID-19 Payment Plan
• Available to any customer, residential and business, requesting financial assistance, without demonstrating financial need; requires no initial down payment;
• Can be up to 24 months;
• Any late payment fees or interest is waived in the calculation of the monthly payment amount;
• Any customer enrolled in a COVID-19 Payment Program who is current with their payment terms cannot be disconnected even once service disconnections resume.
Energy Efficiency Solutions
• Customers can sign up for Home Energy SolutionsSM — when a certified technician checks a customer’s home to identify places it can be tightened up to save money and energy. The technician makes on-the-spot improvements such as sealing up drafty doors and windows, closing air gaps around pipes and upgrading to LED lighting.
This service is available to income-eligible customers at no cost.
Information on energy efficiency programs is available at www.energizect.com.