Log In

Reset Password

Smoke Condition At Bears Hill Road House



Text Size

Botsford volunteer firefighters used powerful fans to clear a Bears Hill Road house of smoke, which resulted when a malfunctioning electric space heater caused an adjacent mattress to ignite, said Deputy Fire Marshal Steve Murphy. There were no injuries at the occupied house. Sandy Hook volunteer firefighters also responded to the scene of the 2:28 pm call on September 3, which was initially reported as a structure fire. There were no injuries and only minimal damage. Newtown Hook & Ladder and Hawleyville firefighters also were alerted to the problem but were sent back to their fire stations before arriving at the scene.

Botsford firefighters check out a Bears Hill Road home for report of a structure fire, September 3. —Bee Photo, Gorosko
Comments are open. Be civil.

Leave a Reply