Log In

Reset Password

Manfredonia Arrested On Additional Charges



Text Size

Peter Manfredonia has been arrested on additional charges stemming from a crime spree in May, during which time he allegedly killed two men, including a former Sandy Hook resident.

Manfredonia, 23, was arrested by warrant on Monday, July 20, and charged by Connecticut State Police (CSP) Central District Major Crime Squad (CDMCS) with Murder, Felony Murder, Kidnapping With A Firearm-1st Degree, Home Invasion, Robbery-1st Degree, and Carrying A Pistol Without A Permit.

The summary release from CSP on July 20 lists a Newtown street address for the accused. Previous CSP releases had referred to a different address.

The charges on July 20 concern the events of May 24, when Manfredonia appeared in the apartment of Nick Eisele, 23, and Eisele’s girlfriend, who is referred to as “Victim #2” in the arrest warrant released July 20. According the arrest warrant application, Manfredonia killed Eisele. He then took approximately $2,000 from the couple’s apartment, kidnapped the woman, and forced her to drive her vehicle while he sat in the rear passenger seat, holding the gun he had just used to kill Eisele.

From the apartment in Derby, Victim #2 told police, the vehicle headed west on Route 34/Roosevelt Drive toward Newtown. They turned onto Route 111 in Monroe, then followed that into Trumbull, turning onto Route 25 and heading west from there.

Victim #2 told detectives that she “was driving erratically in an attempt to get stopped by police,” according to the affidavit. She contemplated several times “driving into a tree, and at one point wanted to drive into Newtown Police Department, but Manfredonia had his seat belt on and [she] decided not to crash the vehicle. Several times, Manfredonia told Victim #2 not to get pulled over because he ‘didn’t want to kill her,’” also according to the affidavit.

Victim #2 did not believe Manfredonia had a specific destination in mind when they began traveling, according to the document. They eventually made their way to a TA truck stop in Columbia, N.J., where Manfredonia asked the help of a male stranger to arrange for an Uber to pick him up.

The male’s name is redacted in the arrest warrant. The male initially did not know who he was helping.

By that time Manfredonia and Victim #2 had stopped long enough for Manfredonia to change his clothes, and move into the front passenger seat of Victim #2's Volkswagen Jetta. He continued to keep the gun on him, in view of Victim #2.

Once Manfredonia got into the Uber and left that location, Victim #2 told the unnamed male “that Manfredonia had killed someone in Connecticut and kidnapped her,” according to the warrant. The unnamed male called 911 at that time, giving police information about the vehicle Manfredonia had just left in.

“In a 14 minute, 25 second call with New Jersey State Police, Victim #2 can be heard telling [redacted name] details that Manfredonia told Victim #2 about the home invasion in Willington, CT, where Manfredonia took the truck, guns and ammunition. She said that he then crashed the truck and walked to her apartment in Derby.”

Manfredonia was arrested two nights later, on May 27, outside a truck stop near the Washington County sheriff’s office in Hagerstown, Md.

Manfredonia is currently incarcerated at Garner Correctional Institution in Newtown, where he was processed and held on a $5 million court set bond. He remains in the custody of the Department of Corrections and is scheduled to be arraigned on July 21 at Milford Superior Court.

His crime spree started on Friday, May 22, when he killed Ted DeMers, 62, of Willington, and seriously injured an 80-year-old male neighbor of DeMers. He kidnapped another man, holding him hostage until the early morning hours of Sunday, May 24, when he left Willington and headed south, eventually ending up in Derby.

He was charged on June 12 with ten crimes for the events that occurred May 22-24.

Peter Manfredonia has now been charged with a second murder, and other charges, by Connecticut State Police.—Connecticut State Police photo
Comments are open. Be civil.

Leave a Reply