The ‘Why’ Of The Vote
To the Editor:
I am writing this letter in response to the previous letter written by Mr Adinolfi on 12/11/20 (The Newtown Bee, “Fighting The Deadly Virus.”) He accused President Trump of being a racist. Our president is not a racist. Never has been. This is fake news. Talking COVID-19 is not racist. It is an equal opportunity virus. It does not know color.
As a conservative Republican I can tell him why I voted for President Trump.
1. He built the wall.
2. Gave the middle class a tax cut.
3. Reinforced our military.
5. Moved the American Embassy to Jerusalem.
6. Started Cyber Space.
7. Brought American companies back from China.
8. Brought about a peace treaty in the Middle East.
9. Pulled out of the Iran deal.
10. Pulled us out of the Paris Accord.
11. Operation Warp Speed.
12. Getting the vaccine faster than thought possible by pushing the pharmaceutical companies and scientists to work harder and faster.
13. He got other countries to pay their fair share in tariffs.
14. Under his tutelage we had the best economy in years until China released COVID-19 on the world. China wanted Trump out of office and they succeeded. A spokesman for China was happy Biden won because they had Biden in their “back pocket.”
Ashamed of President Trump? Never. I am 80 years old and I have voted in every election since I could vote. I believe President Trump will go down as the best president in my lifetime.
Now, would someone tell me why they voted for Biden?
Fieldstone Drive, Newtown January 1, 2021